Friday, November 6, 2009

30 Years Old

SO yesterday I hit a major milestone and turned the BIG 3-0. My friend Stacy asked me how it felt to be turning 30 and I had to think about it a little bit.

I've always felt like there are so many emotions that come along with turning 30 and in the past I've always kind of dreaded this MAJOR milestone... but honestly? I'm feeling pretty unfazed by the whole thing.

I guess I have to put it into perspective... I'm married to a wonderful guy and have an amazing little boy... so yeah, 30 isn't too daunting. I'm sure that 31 will be a little worse because I'll be officially IN my 30's, but so far I'm surviving.


The actual day and days leading up to it were great. Mom and I did a girl's day out (with the kiddo) since my hubby was taking me out to fancy dinner and I'm still not fitting into most of my pre-preggo clothes (grrrr, more about that later). Of course this meant that there was a great lunch and great embarrassment by my mother as she had the waiters singing to me. She honestly does this EVERY year and it drives me nuts... but I don't know why I'm surprised :-). She even decorated the paper tablecloth at the restaurant will birthday wishes... oh lordy. Thank you for calling attention not only to my birthday, but to the fact that I was breastfeeding at the table while we ate. MULTITASKING!



Dinner with the hubby was fantastic! He surprised me with a trip to Ruth Chris which was fabulous and we GORGED ourselves on steak and a beautiful bottle of wine. You know it's gotta be good when it costs as much as the dinner but it was totally worth it. Especially since it's not like I've been enjoying many glasses of wine in the past 11 months. It was actually kind of amusing this morning when i woke up with a headache after my two glasses of wine last night in 4 hours. I mean HONESTLY people... a hangover? My body is obviously out of practice. :-)

It was a wonderful birthday and a great evening with my hubby (mom was watching Drew) and all in all... it's great to be thirty!!


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails