Friday, August 13, 2010

Busy Little Bee

So in the vein of this...


my child these days has certainly been a busy little bee. Between crawling around with his hair practically on fire, to climbing the stairs like a monkey, it's been all I can do to keep up with him. 

So in a moment of parenting fail, that crazy little monkey got away from me. I won't get into the whole story, but it ends with a tumble down the stairs. 

It was a less than stellar moment for me as a parent, but I must say I remained calm and did the appropriate checks on him... 
Screaming - check. 
Unconscious? - Definitely not. 
Vomiting - Nope. 
Acting differently? - (as I watch him crawl furiously back to tackle the stairs) - Nope. 

So things seemed fine, even though my nerves were pretty frayed. I did call the doctor as well, who asked all of those questions again and then proclaimed that he was probably fine and to watch him. Phew. 

After talking to what seemed like everyone in the free world about this (sorry playgroup friends) I figured out a pretty good way to train Drew not to do THAT again. 

After some practice, we seem to have gotten it down. 

Say it with me folks "Downstairs, backwards!"

The password is Drew

Downstairs Backwards from Ashley Fitting on Vimeo.

Thanks to Juliet for the inspiration!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails