Tuesday, April 26, 2011

And We're Back

A few signs that you've been gone too long from home.

* In the past few months, I have done more loads of laundry outside my home than in it.
* A family of birds has started a nest on our front porch. Sadly, I never noticed a thing until I walked in from the airport today and was dive bombed by MamaBird. Grrr.
* There is a weed growing out of our gutter. A WEED? Really? Next thing you know I'll have taken the wheels off the cars and put them up on blocks in the yard.
* Oh the YARD. Yeah that. Roses are in bloom, which was a nice touch, but everything else looks like it hasn't been touched in a month or so. Except for my VEGETABLE GARDEN, which looks like it has been touched... except not by human hands. I made the mistake (apparently) this year of thinking that I could grow things from seed. Ha. I obviously didn't take into account the birds, which have pretty much decimated all but a few of the seedlings I planted in my little planter. Even with the thrown together at the last minute scarecrow I put up last week, its still looking pretty pathetic.
This is pretty much all they left me. Jerks. 
Sigh. Farmer Fitting I am not.


Regardless, it was a great weekend. Easter was, as usual, fun and gluttonous, involving gifts and eggs and trans fats galore. Amazing times, wonderful family, but goodness gracious, it's good to be home.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails