Friday, April 8, 2011

Good Enough to Eat: Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies

I am always amazed and humbled when something happens in my life and my friends rally around me. The whole experience with my father has made me realize how wonderful and incredible my friends really are. There has been an outpouring of love from across the internet, phonelines, text messages and for that I feel truly blessed. 


There was also an outpouring of cookies... 


A girlfriend, Nicole (who besides being an amazing, wonderful person, is also a rockin' photographer - check her out here) decided that I needed some cookie love in light of everything that was going on. So before I left last week, she raced over and presented me with these.


They were, in a word, AMAZING. And made with love. And peanut butter... and lots and lots of calories (thanks a lot Nicole, now my pants don't fit) but they were wonderful. 


So if you want to show someone that you care? Give them these. They will LOVE you for it. Their waistline may not... but whatever. 


Ingredients


1 cup peanut butter, chunky or creamy - She used chunky and it was amazing
1 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
1 large egg, slightly beaten
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (6 ounces)


Directions 


Heat oven to 350°. In a medium sized bowl, beat together the peanut butter, brown sugar, egg and baking soda until the mixture is smooth and well blended. Stir in the chips until evenly distributed. Drop the dough by slightly rounded teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet (There is MORE than enough fat to keep these babies from sticking) and space the mounds about 2 inches apart. 


Bake one baking sheet at a time until the cookies are puffed and slightly golden but still soft to the touch, about ten minutes. Do NOT overcook... burnt peanut butter tastes gross...


Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack. Let them cool completely. 


I mean, so simple, so easy, so GOOD. 


Thanks to everyone for your outpouring of love. Dad is finally home, but more on that later!!! 

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails