Sunday, August 28, 2011

Tiger Mom and Tiger Woods

So first let me preface this with... I'm so glad to see your faces... I thought I had lost the blog last night and was thinking over all of the stories and pictures and movies that I had posted in here that I would never get back and you would all wake up this morning like, WHERE DID SHE GO??!!!?? HOW GO WE GO ON?!?!?! NOOOOOO!!!!

That would be my overinflated sense of self speaking, but still. PHEW.

I would like to give a huge shout out to the techs at GoDaddy.com, who scraped me off the ceiling this morning and pointed my DNS back to the right place. Thank you, I love you, I'd bake you cookies if you weren't in like, Phoenix or something.

*******Moving on*******

So remember the Tiger Mom debate that raged out there for months? Seems like ages ago, but at the time I identified with some aspects of what she said. (Mostly the wanting my child to excel as opposed to shaming them for bringing home an A-... that was just jacked up.) I understand the drive to succeed and wanting your child to be as great as they can be... whether in school, sports, underwater basket weaving, what have you.

Now we are a huge sports family. It's in our blood. We both played multiple varsity sports growing up and still live a pretty athletic lifestyle. (Is drinking a sport? I so excel at that.) When we had Drew, we swore to each other that we would love him unconditionally, regardless of his athletic prowess, although I think we would have been devastated a little upset if he hated sports.

He does not. He loves them. He plays baseball every afternoon on the tee ball set we got him and runs over to the Big Kid's house across the street to "play catch" almost every evening. (He can't catch yet, which is kind of an issue in the whole "playing catch" thing, but whatever. Details) And oh boy, does he love to swing the golf clubs.

PopPop got him a set when he was born... overly ambitious? Perhaps. But now that he's finally upright, walking, and coordinated (somewhat) he is CRUSHING them. I am proud, excited, scared of that wild golf swing and just happy that he thinks it's fun.

Now I SWEAR to the internet gods that I do not make him sit out here and practice golf swings... Trust me, he really does love to play golf, or "golf clubs" as he calls it. I did think however, that you all would get a kick out of watching him swing the driver. Sad to say he's better than I am!!!

The password is Drew

7 comments:

Coupon Queen said...

Stopping by on the hop from yesterday, sorry I am a little behind schedule. I am glad you are safe and sound from the hurricane and didn't loose any of your blog. :) Take care and keep dry!

Vapid Vixen said...

This is just plain adorably awesome. If he wasn't into it, there's no WAY a child that age could be forced to keep playing. Besides, did you SEE the smile on his face when he hit it? He's loving it.

Babblin' Brooke said...

That would be horrible and utterly sickening to lose your blog. I would cry if that happened to me.

Glad your little one is into sports. My husband would LOVE for our boys to play football but I'm not convinced... I'd prefer a nice soft sport like maybe, oh I don't know... CHESS? Seems safe enough. Golf would work too. ;)

Nina said...

Cute blog! I found you over on Adrienne's post today ;) Have a great week!

Adrienne at La Vita e Bella said...

Love this post. As an educator, it always thrills me to see parents encourage their children to go forward with their passions. Thanks so much for stopping my my home on the web as a result of Relax and Surf Sunday. Look forward to more from you!

LaVonne said...

Very sweet. My own father got my Princess 3 sets of golf clubs already. She is 3 years old. We have a golf course in our community. She kind of can hit it, and she loves to putt. :)

I am visiting tonight from the Say Hi Sunday blog hop. It is nice to "meet" you. I hope you have a great week!

Blesssings,
LaVonne @ Long Wait For Isabella

Momfever said...

Thanks for leaving a comment at Momfever!

Post a Comment

Come and talk to me! I love to hear all comments and I'm always up for a healthy debate, but hateful, hurtful and inappropriate comments will be removed. Play nice everyone!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails