Friday, August 1, 2008

5 more weeks

So with 5 more weeks to go until wedding time... the ***t is really starting to hit the fan. It's not that things are going badly, they are just going so darn FAST.

Here I sit, self assured little event coordinator that I am, thinking we are so on track and so with it and together and then... my wedding coordinator deflates me. Not to say that we are behind or there is some big gaping hole in the wedding planning... there is just a lot of stuff to do. I mean, work is just SO in the way these days ;-) I just can't seem to get any wedding planning done.

So after the meeting with Geneene Thornton, my wedding planner, I realize that yes, we need to buckle down and get this darn thing planned. We have a pretty seriously crazy timeline what with the ceremony being in one place and the reception being in another and there being buses and limos and pictures and rentals and AAAAAAAAAAAA. I just have to let go. As far as I'm concerned this is going to be one of the hardest parts of planning the wedding... the fact that I have to STOP planning the wedding and let my coordinator handle the rest. Otherwise my head will explode.

I'm not very good at giving up control though, so we'll see what happens... I'll keep you all posted if I decide to spontaneously combust or something.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails