Thursday, August 14, 2008

Bridezilla

So I have always prided myself on being pretty calm when it comes to this wedding thing. Also, pretty much laid back in general. But I swear to God that I am turning into that bride.

So for the past 6 years, I have gone to get my hair done with the same person. 6 long years of gorgeous flowing locks and I adored her. And then about a month ago she dropped a bomb that she would be leaving to go...
BACK EAST...

In like, a week.

For Good.

I was like... um, but what about my hair for the wedding?

Rightfully so, she reminded me that her life didn't revolve around my hair, or even my wedding hair. WHAAAAA??? But I'm the bride!! Everything revolves around me right now!! (ok, that is a total joke... kind of)

So I have spent the past few weeks in a panic. It's one thing to try and get a new stylist that you like to do your hair every month. It's completely another thing in 3 weeks to get a stylist that you like and have them do your hair for your wedding... where all eyes will be on you and the pictures are costing you a bazillion dollars and you better look AMAZING dammit. *sigh*

So thank you to the amazing people at Model Call salon in Hillcrest who have been very very patient. The head honcho there Jason has basically pulled out all of the stops to make sure that I am happy and pretty on my wedding day. Unfortunately, there isn't much to be done when most people in the salon have been booked.

So at this point, I have canceled two separate stylists to do my hair on the wedding day... the first just wasn't nice and I came out with orange hair (Hello Bozo the Clown), and the other bitched at me about how I needed to get my hair done later in the day and then told me that she could only get me in at 9:00am on the day of the wedding... I mean seriously? My wedding is at 4:30!! My hair doesn't hold a curl as it is!!!

So not only have I been a total pain in the butt, but I will be going to the salon at least 2 times every week until the wedding comes.

Kill me.

But one person has to cut, the other has to color, the other has to wax, we just had makeup last night, we had a hair trial last night (with someone who is available the day of, at 11:00am, which rocks and was able to squeeze me in for a quick run through last night after I got my makeup done (we love Santiago)), Rinse and Repeat...

I'm getting a little stressed. And I'm kind of ready for this whole thing to happen because honestly - I'm getting a little bit annoyed with all of this stuff. I am not this high maintenance people...

ARE WE THERE YET?????And why can't I just go looking like this????

PS... there are more important things in the world than my hair - I promise. Just not today.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails