Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Long time no speak!!

So it certainly has been a while since I've posted. Apologies to all 2 people who actually read my blog :-)

Things have been crazy in the past few weeks.

So I hit the big 2-9 on November 5th and was lucky enough to be surrounded by my bestest girlfriends for dinner. We went to BITE in hillcrest and drank champagne cocktails and had great tapas and I got some amazing gifts (SO GENEROUS LADIES). My birthday was on a Wednesday, so things weren't to wild and crazy, but a fabulous time was had by all (at least I hope :-)).

Thursday was dinner with the parents. Dad had heard of some new place downtown that we decided to go to and *sigh* it was pretty bad :-( and pretty expensive. Word to the wise, don't bother with Crescent Heights in San Diego. It's horrible and probably won't last 6 months. So that was a little bit disappointing and I did feel bad for dad since he had gone to all the trouble of finding the place. But not his fault obviously and if you don't look for the newest things, then you'll never know what's out there!!

Friday, Brian finally came home and we were able to have a nice relaxing birthday dinner at home (I think we ordered pizza) but it was perfect. Also, because he's the BEST husband in the world... he bought me a CAR for my birthday!!! I am now the proud owner of a 1999 VW Passat. We bought it from our friends Deb and Rueben and it is my first GROWN UP car... it has four doors!!! Craziness. I can now transport people and animals and stuff without having to cram them in the backseat of a car that honestly should have just been made a front-seater... that's how small it was back there *grin*

Throughout all of this, I have been planning a gala for the 40th Anniversary of the UCSD School of Medicine. That was on November 14th. It was crazy, had 400 plus people attending and was GORGEOUS!! I'm just really really happy that it's over!! I will post pics once they come in.

So, for now things are back to normal as we gear up for the holidays. Till next time...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails