Monday, August 10, 2009

33-34 weeks and still going!!!

So I'm in my 34th week right now... more specifically 33 weeks and 4 days but hey, really, who's counting. I've stopped freaking out for the most part, which is DEFINITELY a good thing.

Of course, I feel like I'm not quite at this serene spot where I'm "ready" but if he wanted to come... I think we would all survive. :-) He still needs some baking time, but this week is really the week that he would be fine if he showed up. Not that I'm having ANY signs that that is going to happen. I do however feel like he is starting to drop a little bit... THANK GOODNESS.

The challenge with our little boy is that he is so high that his mommy feels like she is going to fall over at the end of the day. However after this weekend, I feel like slowly but surely he's starting to descend... Which is good since I really had to start wondering if my poor stomach skin could take much more!! I even went as far as to ask some of my fellow bumpies (on thebump.com) if it was possible to tear your tummy skin. I mean, I knew it wasn't, but on some scary level, I thought... oh god, what if it IS possible??? That's what I have been feeling like for the past week. Of course, one woman pointed out that if octomom could do it, I was probably going to be fine. She also said that if it DID rip, I should take pictures because it would be kind of cool. Evil bumpies.

All of these changes are definitely interesting. I do think however, the most difficult part of it all is just how darn exhausted I am. I'm not used to laying around, so being tired after a load of laundry is a little foreign to me. I honestly spent the whole weekend, with the dog, at my parents house in Coronado, on a couch. Now as Brian says, I'm over 8 months pregnant and I SHOULD be relaxing but it still feels really weird.

Of course when it comes to work, I'm still here, 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, PLUGGING along. Barely. I haven't worn real shoes to work in weeks, although I do keep a pair of heels under my desk for meetings. The rest of the time, I'm in flip flops, which my boss told me she would KILL me if she ever saw me wearing. Ha. Sorry boss, but fat preggo feet no longer fit in anything else.

I'm starting to get a little nervous about work since I have less than 5 weeks (4 on Friday) until I go out. And there is a LOT to get done before that happens. And I hope to hell that I don't get put out early...

Ok, no, that's a lie. I would LOVE to go out early, but it would make the next few weeks pretty hard. :-) I'm sure I would muddle through it all somehow :-D

So I have another docs appt on Thursday and so far everything has been going well with the visits. I think the weight gain is starting to slow down and stall for the most part, which is nice, and the BP is still staying nice and low. I'll update again later this week with more info. I'm sure it will be JUST as thrilling as this update.

What do you mean... I've gotten BIGGER?

There's a BABY in there? SHOCKING!!! I was wondering what the hell was kicking me so much!!!

But really, the only thing I really have to worry about in the next few weeks is my one year anniversary. WHAT THE HELL am I going to get Brian???? Any pointers would be MUCH appreciated as I'm at a loss. I have a few ideas, but not sure if they will be meaningful and special to him... Ugh, I hate this kind of pressure :-) Let me know if you have ANY ideas...


Me at 33.5 weeks!!!

1 comment:

Bryan Guido Hassin said...

I know, I know! You should get Brian a . . . baby boy . . . for your anniversary!

Post a Comment

Come and talk to me! I love to hear all comments and I'm always up for a healthy debate, but hateful, hurtful and inappropriate comments will be removed. Play nice everyone!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails