Friday, January 22, 2010

Mommy Jewelry

So I really wanted to find something special to wear to celebrate me being a Mommy.

Now I'm not talking about a push present, with crazy diamonds and bling (I already have that in the form of my wedding ring thankyouverymuch). But I did want something small and unique to wear that would make me think of Drew when I saw it.

So I went onto my FAVORITE site, etsy.com and I asked my mommy friends and I did a ton of research, but nothing really jumped out at me. The silver disks with his name and birth date were cute, but eh, not really me. I wanted something a little bit more unique, something that people wouldn't necessarily recognize just by seeing it.

And I found it in the most unlikely of places... at work. A co-worker/friend of mine was wearing this really unique, interesting necklace that looked like a collection of holes drilled into a pretty little silver rectangle, even including a diamond in one of them. I looked closer and closer and then sat back surprised... is that a constellation?

Yup - it turns out that it was her zodiac sign.

So I was very lucky to be able to order right from the designer (because my friend is a ROCKSTAR) and now wear my son's zodiac constellation sign around my neck.

A little bling, but a WHOLE lot of meaning.

(Please excuse the horrendous quality of the picture, I obviously took it with my phone :-) )



Also, thanks to Jeweliany for the beautiful necklace... You can go to Jeweliany.com to see more of her gorgeous work!!!

Here are all of the zodiac constellations that she makes...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails