Thursday, January 27, 2011

16 months

Why hello Chatty Cathy. 

Yup kiddo, that is you these days. (For an absurdly long list of what words this kid says... check milestones... I didn't have the energy to type it again)

You are crazy...
Active, always on the go, always chattering away.
Always asking for "mo peez" (more please) or playing with the "kahz" (cars). 

Your whole world is cars these days dude...
Cars from the Disney movie, cars on the road, trucks passing by... everything elicits a VROOM VROOM from you. This one in particular makes you crazy with delight... 


Because it pairs your love of cars, with your love of the outdoors. And thank GOODNESS it stopped raining for a few weeks during this milestone because I would lose my mind otherwise. You and your Daddy and I have spent every day walking the neighborhood, either pushing the car, or riding in it, or just chasing the neighborhood kids and watching you try to be a big kid. Not yet Buddy... 

You are still a total lover... 
I watched you in the monitor the other morning as you kissed and hugged each one of your stuffed animals before hurling them out of the crib. A farewell hug and kiss I guess. It is WAY too cute. 

You are running... everywhere. 
You LOVE to roam the aisles of the grocery store, touching everything, pointing out lights and balloons and colors and... it's exhausting. But fun to watch you marvel at it all. 

You are still my little organizer...
You love to line up your cars, or make sure your stacked blocks are the same direction... or on those trips to the grocery store? Make sure all the labels are facing forward. Yeah, it's a little weird, but I guess its nothing to be worried about. Yet anyway :-) 


You are counting...
Which I find hysterical. You never start with "one", but if I start it up for you, you are off and running... "two", "tree", "foh"... it's the most adorable thing I've ever heard. 

You are still my master sleeper...
3 hours of naps in the afternoon and all night. 
I don't know how I got so lucky? But I'm just so happy that I get that. SO happy. 

You hit a growth spurt a few days ago...
Your Daddy and I went away, and when we came back you were HUUUUUGE. I had no idea who the chubby little man in front of me was. I'm not really thrilled at the prospect of having to go up a size in clothes. I thought we were DONE with all that nonsense. Right? 



You are my big boy... my snuggly boy... my smart boy... and I can't believe that you are 16 months old already. 




I know, right??? 

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails