So I may actually be the last Blogger that attended BlogHer to give a recap... I'm a little behind the times, so SUE ME. We just got home and there's piles of laundry and a kid to keep alive and the dog ate my homework... so yeah.
BlogHer - the Recap
Things That Shocked the Sh** Out of Me About BlogHer
1) I wish I had paid attention to the comfortable shoes comments. My feet were bleeding by the end of the first day. Like BLEEDING people. I'm hobbled. But I looked pretty hot, if I do say so myself.
For the 3600 women who attended... Was I trying to impress them with pain? Apparently. Most impressive.
2) That I would get to hug Amalah. She's awesome by the way, and totally huggable and I may actually have squeeed a few times. It's ok, she's used to it.
3) That I would only go to half the sessions but I went to all of the BlogHer parties (in addition to a few off-site ones...)
4) That I would meet bloggers with whom I had the MOST random connections. Fairfax County represents, Bebehblog!!
5) That I would meet other slightly crunchy green moms at the really cool Haute Green party and that I would come out of that party with over $150 in cloth diapers. I mean, REALLY?
6) That when they say swag... they mean swag. I can't believe the amount of stuff I brought home. I may have to take a picture of it later to really impress you with the quantity and quality of the sponsors that were there. It was mind boggling.
7) That I would not take a single, stupid picture the entire time...even when I was dancing on stage at Sparklecorn and love every stinking minute of it. This from the person who has watched most of her child's babyhood through the lens of a camera.
8) That I would go in knowing only 1 person out of 3600 and I would see them for approximately 10 minutes. (sad face)
9) That I would come out having made awesome and amazing connections with some brilliant, hysterical, emotional, raw and honest people. I have beautiful friends that came out of this chaos and for that I am grateful.
10) That despite that fact I was FRIED by the end of the first day, and barely dragged my lifeless body through the second day of sessions... I can't WAIT for BlogHer 12. I can't wait to reconnect, to tackle the goals I've laid out for the year and to see what I've finished by the time it rolls around again.
Watch out NYC, BlogHer is coming back!!!