Friday, September 30, 2011

Here Comes the... Rain?

I really do love this season the best.
Summer is officially over and Fall has begun.

When I lived back east this meant the end of the oppressive summer heat and humidity, cute boots and the end of being a lifeguard (god I hated that job). It meant the beginning of school, the beginning of sweaters and football games, of crispy mornings and evenings walking through an amber carpet of fallen leaves.

Here? It means rain. And when I say rain? I mean, Noah-Get-the-Ark, kind of rain.

Now while I don't anticipate a full rain meltdown like last year, (it was my first year in this crappy weather, give me a break), I am a little bit nervous to see how it goes. I think my husband is also nervous to see how it goes because if there was ever a candidate for seasonal depression? You're looking at her. Last winter wasn't the best in the Fitting house but I did get a lovely dining room table out of it!!

I am going to try and embrace the fall and winter this year. I plan on taking advantage of the days when it isn't raining. Going apple picking with my boys. Going to the park whenever possible. Getting as crafty as I can with a toddler who wants to help and actually can now! Cookies, crafts, sewing, the GYM, I'm going to embrace it all. I'm going to love the rain, the gray skies, the swamp my backyard turns into... hrm.

I wept and bemoaned my life last year and ran away as many times as possible, back to San Diego, away from the rain and the cold, wet winter (and spring). But this year? Not gonna happen. I have new rain boots that are SUPER cute. I have an umbrella. I do NOT yet have a cute rain coat but I'm working on it. And I have a toddler who can walk and jump in puddles and enjoy getting wet and cold, only to be warmed up with snuggles, blankets and warm milk.

I can totally do it this year. I promise.*
But what will she think of the rain???

*I'll try anyway...

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I am not a fan of rain, I love Fall though!

Mom Fashion World said...

Autumn is my favorite season of the year!
I love seeing green trees turned into color orange/yellow.

I'm your newest follower via GFC from the Friday Blog Hop.
Please feel free to visit my blog. Looking forward to seeing you there, and hope you follow me back. Thanks!

http://www.momfashionworld.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I love your positive attitude!! I need to invest in some cute rain boots for both me and my 2 year old - who also likes to jump in every puddle he sees!! I am your newest follower!! I found your blog on Blog Hops Everyday!! I would love a follow back. Thanks!! Jess at http://www.mamaspreparedkinda.com

Hen Jen said...

Fall is my fav season, but I'm in OC, so we don't get much color and no rain, really. Have fun, enjoy your season!

Post a Comment

Come and talk to me! I love to hear all comments and I'm always up for a healthy debate, but hateful, hurtful and inappropriate comments will be removed. Play nice everyone!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails