Friday, February 26, 2010

The Best Part

So I realize that I haven't really written much in the past few weeks - It's just that I don't really have much to write about these days. My life as a SAHM (stay at home mom) has been amazing, but you definitely get into consistent routines. Awesome for the kiddo - not so exciting for the blogosphere.

Mr. Drew has grown up so much in the past few weeks. So much so that it's almost amazing to look back at all the posts I have created and think that only a few months ago he was a little baby. Ok well, let's be honest he was never a little baby, but it's all relative.

It's been one month since I've left work and honestly - I've never looked back. I really believe that my decision to stay home was one of the best decisions I've made in my life. Being with Drew all the time really makes me appreciate how fast they learn and how quickly he's growing up!!! The other nice thing is that with the crazy schedule that Brian has, we are able to go to him now. Before, I felt like we were ships in the night, him passing through town, spending evenings together after I came home from work, tired and frustrated. The house was a mess, dinner was never made and we would spend our time sitting on the couch, kind of mindlessly flipping through the channels. But now, when Brian comes home for 5 days, the house is clean, meals are made every night and we spend really quality time together, as a family. We take the kiddo to the zoo a lot, take him walking, out for breakfast, over to my parents house...  I love to watch my boys as they sit out in the front yard and look at the great outdoors, Brian leaning in close to tell the Boogie about the fence he just built, or the big palm tree in front of them. It's nice to make time to do things on a random Monday, when before I would have been sitting at a my desk and Brian would probably have been sitting on the couch... bored.

We spend much more time together as a family - which really is the BEST part. :-)

Honestly woman - you put me in LEGWARMERS?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails