Friday, April 2, 2010

Tease

About a week ago, I woke up in the morning feeling strangely refreshed... and then realized that I had never gotten up to do Drew's 4:00am feeding because he had SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT. I was excited but only cautiously optimistic. I mean, he has done this before, only to wake up the next night ready for MORE FOOD, OMG STARVING.

So I enjoyed the rested feeling and the slightly refreshed looking eyes and went about our day.

Imagine my surprise when I woke up the next morning, feeling refreshed again. Wow - two days in a row. This was a first.

So it went for 4 straight days. I only could whisper about it to my husband, afraid to even say it out loud. That this could actually be it. The moment where Drew slept through the night and never looked back... OMGCOULDITBETRUE???

Then Brian came home from a trip. And not only did Drew NOT sleep through the night, but he also did NOT take any naps that day. And he screamed, BLOODY MURDER, ALL DAY LONG. (Thank god that was Dad's day to watch him while Mommy had some alone time.) And he woke up at midnight, and then at four. Screaming, every single time. Blood curdling screams.

Teething screams. Or so I thought. (But still no teeth can be seen.)

And the next night, up at midnight and then again at 12:45. Until I had to let him cry. Which made me feel like crap but he needed to learn that the night is for SLEEPING. It took him almost an hour to calm back down. Which felt like my heart was being ripped out and jumped on for 3600 excruciating seconds.

And so here we are again. Last night he slept through the night.

But I'm not buying it this time kid. Because you are a BIG FAT TEASE.

Good thing he's so damn cute.

1 comment:

Louise said...

Hey Ash,

So after months of drooling, Baby Orajel, and waking up at night every so often screaming in pain, Hadley's first tooth has just broken through. I feel your pain and am right there with you! Here's hoping for some good sleep soon!

Post a Comment

Come and talk to me! I love to hear all comments and I'm always up for a healthy debate, but hateful, hurtful and inappropriate comments will be removed. Play nice everyone!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails